*I am so excited to share this post with you! My sweet friend, Grayson Adams, has a timely word for all of us. This is his second time being a guest author on my blog, and I couldn’t be more proud!*
Ephesians 5:10 NLT says, “Carefully determine what pleases the Lord “.
Part of what the will of God for us is to be in the Word, feed on the Word, and meditate in the Word. And there is 6 steps on how to feed on the Word.
1. Store the Word of God in your heart. The way to do this is when you read it, take the Scriptures to heart. The way to meditate and feed on the Word is think and speak it over yourself.
2. Meditate on the Word. It’s the same thing, just think the Word and speak the Word.
3. Talk about the Word of God. Whenever you’re with somebody and you’re talking about the Word and giving them history or knowledge about the Word, you are actually teaching and ministering the Word to someone.
4. Go to the place(s) where the Word of God is faithfully taught. If you are at a church or somewhere else, just preach and teach the Word to others. Minister through the media or to someone else.
5. Obey the Word of God. James 1:22 says, “Be doers of the Word and not hearers only”. That is a great example of being a doer of the Word. I still struggle with trying to follow the Word, but you have to stay steadfast, which means faithful. In the last couple days, I have had some bad spiritual days. But I needed to press on in the Word and in prayer.
6. Set aside time to read the Bible and pray. It seems these days, Christians, the Church, the Bride of God, don’t set aside time to read, study the Word, and pray.
Praying is simply talking to God.
Another part of being a doer of the Word is speaking in tongues. If you don’t know how, just ask the Lord to fill you with the Holy Spirit. In the book of Acts in chapter 2, we see when the Holy Spirit fell at Pentecost. Pray in tongues daily. Mark 4:14 in the New Living Translation says, “The farmer plants seed by taking God’s word to others“. When you take the Word of God to others,( like family, friends), speak the Word to them.
Speak the Word over your life.
When you’re speaking the Word to others, you are teaching and ministering to them. Minister the Word to you. Minister to your heart and your mind. Feed and meditate on it. God will speak to you through His Word!
Psalms 119:105 in the New Living Translation says, “Your word is a lamp to guide my feet, and a light for my path”.
God’s Word is the guide for our life, and if we drift away from God, how are we supposed to do anything in life?
There are many, many good scriptures for you to meditate and feed on!
Some of my favorites are Mark 4:13-25; John 6:22-55; John 6:67; and 2 Timothy 2:9.
I want to challenge you to read and meditate on these Scriptures everyday.